Tuesday, 29 April 2008

The world´s most AMAZING mazes!

Bom dia from Brazil - São Paulo to be exact. With up to to twenty million people, this is the world´s third biggest maze, and possibly one of the most confusing. It´s crazy. It was built in an ad-hoc fashion, so there´s no logic or land marks to fall back on, and to top it off, almost no one speaks english. Thank god I had some one to pick me up from the airport.


It is late now, and I arrived in the morning. I´ve spent my day taking ages doing everything, including transport, eating, sleeping, and trying to open and close my freakin´bag (which is no easy task). I´ve been for a walk, and what a crazy place. You could be annoymous so easy in this place - especially if you only knew about two people, like me (both of whom I only just met today).


Anyway, more tales of insane amounts of traffic - including foot, motorbike, bicycle, bus, trolly bus and, of course foot - to come. I mean, during the day the population of Wellington is probably within about a one or two kilometre radius of me. Tomorrow I start early, kicking off the Global Young Greens meetings, with plenty of discussion about things that matter, and partying, which matters a lot too. So for the next week it´s all about Green and São Paulo insanity. I´ll keep you posted.